What we see on social media isn’t necessarily a proper representation of reality……what is shown is only what people want you to see.
If your interaction with social media results in you feeling bad then take steps to manage your exposure:
- Unfollow – from groups or people whose actions you don’t need to know
- Unfriend – from people who are no longer relevant in your life
- Turn off notifications – you decide when you have the time and energy to interact with it
- Mute tweets
- Choose who sees your posts so you only get positive responses
- Unsubscribe or pause your account
- Delete the app
Don’t allow social media to impact on your daily functioning and mood when you can choose to control it at varying levels.